Tooth decay, gum disease, heavily impacted teeth, trauma and tooth crowding are all instances where our dentists might recommend tooth extraction as your best next step.
Think you need a tooth extraction?
- Is the tooth badly damaged and likely not restorable with a filling or crown?
- Is gum disease infecting your tooth?
- Root canal not worked? Or toothache that won’t go away?
- Impacted wisdom teeth coming through, causing you a lot of pain?
It’s time to book a check-up. Costs £58 for new patients.
Avoiding tooth extraction
Don’t want your tooth removed? We get it. Patients can trust that when we recommend a tooth extraction, it’s always a last resort. Information for nervous patients.
What else can be done?
We use two common general treatments to avoid extractions:
- Root canals treat infections at the root of patients who experience severe tooth pain. Costs from £450.
- An apicoectomy will remove damaged tissue to save the tooth.
The ideal next step after having a tooth pulled
Missing teeth can have a domino effect on your oral health as well as on your appearance. Bone depletion, gum recession and shrinkage will be your new reality.
Options to replace a lost tooth:
- A single dental implant acts as an artificial tooth root and will secure a natural, life-like crown restoration to close gaps in your smile. Costs from £1,995, incl. Implant, abutment and crown.
- A dental bridge will be applicable if the tooth removed is between two healthy teeth that can anchor a fake tooth. Costs from £950.
- A partial denture is a removable prosthesis made from acrylic. Costs from £425.
We’re the highest-rated Dentist in East Grinstead. Register as a new patient.
“I first chose The Smile Gallery based on reviews and research, and I was not disappointed. Having not gone to the Dentist since a child due to a fear of the Dentist and pain, I’ve had quite an extensive list of treatments and an extraction. The whole team is very welcoming and caring, always making you feel at ease and never rushing. I have and will continue to recommend them to friends and family! The journey continues.” Parini, East Grinstead (RH10)
- Address: 36 St James Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1DL. Get directions.
- Accessibility: 4 minutes from the station with on-street parking. Wheelchair accessible.
- Reviews: Rated ★★★★★ Stars on Google (234+ reviews)
- Opening hours: 8 am start for busy, working patients – open late on Thursday evenings.
- Phone: 01342 321 094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org